Connect your community with their local public parklands and discover the wonders of nature by exploring the scenic and historic Boston Harbor Islands with your group!
Your camp or community group may be eligible for FREE access to the Boston Harbor Islands.
Apply for 2021 passes now!
The Boston Harbor Islands Partnership provides FREE access to the park for underserved populations through the Island Pass program. This program is sponsored by Boston Harbor Now, the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation, and the National Park Service, and is made possible in part by generous support from Boston Harbor Cruises, the Massachusetts Environmental Trust, and many other community partners.
What to Know for Your Trip
- In 2021, group size is limited to 50 people or fewer.
- Group leaders should pick up tickets 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Groups must have one adult chaperone for every ten youth under 18 years old. Chaperones must remain with the group at all times.
- Bring a lunch, sunscreen, and water.
- The Islands have a carry-on, carry-off policy. All trash must be collected and brought off the island. Please pack a sturdy trash bag(s) for your group’s trash needs.
- Ferries depart rain or shine.
- Visit our park calendar to learn what is happening at the park.
- If you’re unable to make your scheduled free access trip, please call 617-223-8666 within 48 hours.
- If ferries cannot run because of severe inclement weather, cancellations will be communicated before 9 AM to the contact person designated on the Free Access Application.