Free Ferry Day
Celebrate the Boston Harbor Islands National and State Park Anniversaries and Park Opening Day with a FREE trip to Spectacle or Georges Island!
Explore historic Fort Warren on Georges Island or walk Spectacle Island’s beaches and winding trails. Catch the ferry to either island right from downtown Boston’s Long Wharf North… for free!
Start your day with free family fun including arts, music, and children’s activities near the Ferry Center at Long Wharf North from 8:00 am – 2:30 pm, featuring:
- Rara Bel Poze
- A Trike Called Funk
- Veronica Robles
- Knucklebones giant toys & games
- ESpressions Design origami instruction
- And much more!
- First come, first serve *free* tickets will be available to pick up from the Long Wharf North Boston Harbor City Cruises Ferry Center beginning at 8:00am. No advance reservations, so arrive early as this event will sell out fast!
- This event cannot accommodate groups – 5 tickets allowed per adult
Ferry Schedule: Ferries will depart promptly at their scheduled times from Gate A2 . We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes prior to departure.
- Boston to Georges Island: 10:00AM – 12:00PM – 2:00PM (Return ferries to Boston depart Georges at 1:00PM, 3:00PM, & 5:00PM)
- Boston to Spectacle Island: 10:30AM – 12:30PM – 2:30PM (Return ferries to Boston depart Spectacle at 1:30PM, 3:30PM, & 5:30PM)
This program is presented by the National Park Service, the Department of Conservation and Recreation, and Boston Harbor Now, in partnership with Boston Harbor City Cruises, as part of the commemoration of the Boston Harbor Islands’ 25th anniversary as a National Park and 50th anniversary as a State Park.