How to Find the Ferry
There are several conveniently located mainland piers where you can begin your trip to the islands. Here’s where to find them. Park-operated passenger ferries regularly leave from:
- Long Wharf-North Pier (Boston) has service from downtown to Georges, Spectacle, and Peddocks Islands. Visitors may transfer between Islands; no more than 2 islands per day recommended.
- Hingham Shipyard Pier (Hingham) (summer only) Directly serve Georges and Grape Islands.
- Pemberton Point Pier (Hull) (summer only) Directly serve Bumpkin, Peddocks, Lovells, and Georges Islands.
- EDIC Pier (South Boston) has weekend service to Thompson Island.
To return to the mainland, check the schedule and retrace your route. Make sure you leave your island in time to make connections to return to the mainland pier where you started your trip.
Call the ranger line (see More below) or visit:
- Boston Harbor Islands Welcome Center (Boston) to talk with a ranger, view exhibit panels, or buy park merchandise and ferry tickets (seasonal).
- Go to more about ferry ticket prices: Ferry Tickets
- Call park ranger line: 617-223-8666