How to Find the Ferry
There are several conveniently located mainland piers where you can begin your trip to the islands. Here’s where to find them. Park-operated passenger ferries regularly leave from:
- Long Wharf-North Pier (Boston) has frequent service from downtown to Georges and Spectacle Islands. Visitors who reserve transfer tickets may transfer between Spectacle and Georges Island at the scheduled time. At Georges Island, transfer to the Hingham and Peddocks Connector shuttles to visit other islands during the summer season.
- Fore River Shipyard Pier (Quincy) (summer only) serves Georges Island, with free connections to Spectacle. Transfer at Georges to the Hingham or Peddocks Connector shuttles, free of charge.
- Hingham Shipyard Pier (Hingham) (summer only) Directly serve Grape, Bumpkin, Peddocks, and Georges Islands.
- Pemberton Point Pier (Hull) (summer only) Directly serve Grape, Bumpkin, Peddocks, and Georges Islands.
- EDIC Pier (South Boston) has weekend service to Thompson Island.
- Going to Little Brewster Island? No need to worry about meeting at a dock-All Boston Light Programs meet at the Boston Harbor Islands Pavilion.
To return to the mainland, check the schedule and retrace your route. Make sure you leave your island in time to make connections to return to the mainland pier where you started your trip.
Call the ranger line (see More below) or visit:
- Boston Harbor Islands Pavilion (Boston) to talk with a ranger, view exhibit panels, or buy park merchandise and ferry tickets (seasonal).
- Go to more about ferry ticket prices: Ferry Tickets
- Call park ranger line: 617-223-8666